With the Sydney Floods in full swing, I was in desperate need of some comfort food and realised these were perfect PHO EATING conditions! So BFF Tom (who was floating around the area) and I ended up going to Pho Tau Bay (on Hill Street) which according to a Sydney food blogger, Noodlies, has the BEST PHO IN SYDNEY!
Tom got the Large Pho Bo (Beef Pho) $12.50
I got the pho dac biet (special beef pho) - also in large for $12.50. Along with the normal pho’s beef, beef briskets and beef tendons - I also got beef balls and beef bible. YAY, BEEF GALORE!
We dissected the pho piece-by-piece and found the following;
- Salad - fresh but could have been more of it. Those bean sprouts and herbs pictured were for us to share where I think it would have been nice to have 2 plates!
- Pho noodles - so soft and delicious, I barely had to chew - it really appealed to my lazy side.
- Broth - very subtle, light and slightly sweet (a distinguishing factor to the pho I normally have). You could taste that the broth was brewed for a long, long time and could taste the meaty goodness. Excellente!
- Meat - they were so generous with their meat. It was never-ending. I think it’s the most meat I’ve ever gotten with pho. YUM.
- Portion size - They weren’t kidding around with the portion size. Large at Pho Tau Bay would be equivalent to XL elsewhere - the portion sizes were HUGE!
I’m not sure if it’s best pho in Sydney (we’ll gladly do some further investigating…!), but it’s definitely up there with one of the best.
Let me know were you affected by the Sydney floods? And what’s your go-to comfort food?
Pho Tau Bay
12/117 John Street (Entrance off Hill Street)
Cabramatta, NSW 2166
02 9726 4583